- Web Links
- Brautigan Chronology 1960s
- Brautigan"s Plant This Book
- UC Berkeley 'Sixties'
- -Media Resources Center
- Chronology of San Francisco Rock 1965-1969
- Chet Helms Tribal Stomp ConcertPhotos
- Divingnation's Haight Ashbury
- Diggers Archieves
- The Vaults of Erowid
- Information about psychoactive plants, chemicals, and related issues.
- Late Sixties / Cultural Transition
- The Farm
- Free Fall Chronicles by Peter Coyote
- The Adventures Of A Street Musician
- Hippies from A to Z by Skip Stone
- How to tie-dye a peace sign
- The "Psychedelic Sixties" Literary Tradition and Social Change (Univ. of Virginia Library
- Remembering Richard & Mimi Farina
- Sixties Music Quiz
- check your memory bytes
- Did You Say?
- Door Beads and Beaded Curtains
- People's Park History
- John Cipollina Memorial website
- Morningstar Chronicles
- Rainbow Family of Living Light
- Random Advice and Hippie Values
- Ram Dass*-Maui, HI
- Ram Dass Tapes (wikipedia)
- San Francisco Mime Troupe
- 1960's Slang
- The Sixties: Notes of Discord
- Yale Curriculum 1983
- The Straight Theatre
- Summer of Love 40 years later
- sf newspaper 6//07
- Quicksilver Gold
- Wavy Gravy
- Wheeler's Ranch
- EXTRAORDINARY Photo Album of those 'Way Ahead Then' Daze
- Writings of Sam Andrews
- Big Brother and the Holding Company
- Sam Andrews Letter to Janis
- Janis Joplin 'Any Port Arthur In A Storm'
Earthdance Earthdance International
Oregon Country Fair Eugene, Oregon
Burning Man Black Rock City, Nevada
Rainbow Gathering of the Tribes Locations Vary
Reggae on the River Humboldt County, California
Living with the myth of Janis Joplin: The History of Big Brother & the Holding Co.
Written by Michael Spörke and english translation by Sam Andrew
“I read from cover to cover your wonderful book. I couldn't put it down. You did a masterful job. I really became immersed in your book." ...Robert Altmann (Chief-photographer for Rolling Stone magazine.
A History by Charles Perry
First published by Rolling Stone Press in 1984 and re-released
with a new introduction
by the Grateful Deads Bob Weir
to time with Haight-Ashburys
January 1, 1942 ~ "Country" Joe McDonald
(born Joseph McDonald), in El Monte
Country Joe and Me by Ron Cabral
Visit Country Joe's website
SFHEART HIPPIE PAGES
The Protest Songs
More on Peace and Love
My Summer of Love
35th Celebration of the Summer Of Love
recommended reading for wannabe hippies
Music Raves of those Hippie Daze!
Music Documentary of '60's and '70's
THE SIXTIES BOOKS
Anti War, Art, Autobiography, Biography, Communes, Cultural Revolution, Fashion Drugs/Sex, Haight Ashbury, Music, Novels, Poetry, DVD, Films
The Haight: Love, Rock, and Revolution
by Joel Selvin ,
Jim Marshall (Photographer)
"Good friends, good books and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life".
more Mark Twain quotes
Five For Peace
~ memories ~
January 19, 1943 – October 4, 1970
Any Port Arthur In A Storm @ Dave Acher
When Janis lived at the SF Goodman Building
Tender is Legal in the Eternal State of Love
TRPS Poster Society
Drugs & Psychedelic Poster Art
Photograghers and Poster Artists
Robert Altman Gene Anthony
Lee Conklin Rick Griffin
Bob Masse Wes Wilson
Jim Phillips Randy Tuten
David Singer Victor Moscos
Baron Wolman • Lisa Law • Michelle Vignes
Classic Rock 60' Radio
Peace: The Biography of a Symbol
by Ken Kolsbun
Peace: A History of Movements and Ideas
A Biased Timeline of the Counter-Culture
TIME OUT OF MIND:A CHRONOLOGY FOR THE SIXTIES GENERATION/COUNTERCULTURE
A (BABY BOOMER'S) CHRONOLOGY OF OUR/MODERN TIMES
A HIPPIE HISTORY OF THE SIXTIES
THE EMERGENCE OF THE FIFTH WORLD
hippie: an open hearted being striving to develop a soul`s link to the divine." The heart's true motive
being the peaceful resolution of conflict
and love in action"
~ S. F.Heart ~
- Mother Earth's perfect renewable resource.
- Recommended Books:
- * Why Marijuana Should Be Legal
- by Ed Rosenthal
- * Understanding Marijuana:
- * The Great Book of Hemp:The Complete Guide to the Environmental, Commercial, and Medicinal Uses of the World's Most Extraordinary Plant
- * Hemp: Lifeline to the Future: The Unexpected Answer for Our Environmental and Economic Recovery
- * Medical Marijuana: The Story of Dennis Peron, The San Francisco Cannabis Buyers Club and the ensuing road to legalization
- Recommended online Hemp Links
- Jack Herer ~ cannabis activist
- (June 18, 1939 – April 15, 2010)
- Jack Herer maintained by Jeannie Herer,
as a resource to keep you informed about
Cannabis Hemp and the relevance it plays
in our culture.
- Vote Hemp
- Ecosource Paper Inc.
- Hempstead Project Heart
- Banned in the USA
- Like A Radiant White Dove
Selected poems by Allen Cohen
Please visit Allen Cohen Poetry to learn more about him and his work
"Free Spirits - The Birth, Life, and Loss of a New Age Dream"
DVD, written,directed, and coproduced byBruce Geisler.This award winning documentary tells the story of the "The Brotherhood of the Spirit" commune, later renamed the 'Renaissance Community', which was one of the largest communes in the eastern United States during the late 1960s and early 1970s.
The true story of Stephen Gaskin and the colorful caravan of buses that left San Francisco and settled on The Farm in Tennessee where to this day they continue to operate one of the most successful and longest lasting communes in the United States. This book has recently been reprinted after being out of print for 25 years.
Monday Night Class
Stephan Gaskins' Monday night classes were held at the Avalon Ballroom as well as in Sutro Park and were an important part of my hippie education..~ sfheart ~
Proceeding year by year from 1965 to 1971, Hippie gives an unprecedented degree —that is kaleidoscopically astounishing.